You want to become self-employed or start a business?
Support for Self-Employed Workers (STA) could help you develop your business plan.
Who is eligible?
- Employment insurance clients
- Recipients of last-resort financial assistance
- People without any public income support
- Vulnerable workers
What are the requirements?
- Have a viable project
- Support received must allow fair competition with other businesses
- Be passionate about entrepreneurship
- Have experience or qualifications related to the project
- Not be subject to litigation, a declaration of bankruptcy, or other legal proceedings
- Provide at least 15% of the subsidy amount in cash or in kind
- Commit at least 35 hours a week to the project
The first steps
- Meet our advisor to evaluate your entrepreneurial potential
- Submit a draft of your project
If your application is retained
Over 8 to 12 weeks you will receive support from our advisor to help you develop your business plan. You may also receive financial support.
If your business plan is accepted
Put it into action! You will receive technical and financial support for a period of up to 52 weeks.